Sunday, January 26, 2020

Downton Abbey Smoked Salmon Mousse

My good friend Gayleen and I recently exchanged Christmas gifts (belated, but no less appreciated). We have both enjoyed Downton Abbey, and she knows I love to cook, so this is what I got:


I tried out a couple recipes today. Since the Smoked Salmon Mousse recipe is already a page posted on Barnes & Nobles' website, I suppose there's no copyright infringement in including it here as well. Besides, as a teaser, it may entice you to invest in the book itself. Photo of MY preparation of the recipe (at right) -- I had crackers on hand, not crostini this time. Photo of the recipe in the book (...with silver platter and crystal goblet!) is below.


Note: I'm not sure why it's called Smoked Salmon Mousse as there's nothing smoked or smokey in it (aside from the fact that the paprika I have in my pantry happens to be smoked paprika)...though I'm inspired to try smoked salmon instead of poached the next time I make this as that sounds delicious!
With recipes for upstairs service, downstairs dishes, and a whole section on Afternoon Tea at Downton, I'm anxious to try more!

Thanks, Gayleen! :)


No comments: