Sunday, October 11, 2020

Salted Maple Pie

It's been over a year since my friend Teresa and I got together for pie baking. Blame it on Covid, but it's been far too long since our peach hand pie baking adventure; we were overdue! Earlier this morning, we tried out this pie -- recipe from  the Sister Pie cookbook (photo below) -- for a fall-flavored treat to celebrate both our birthdays (both in October). I made mine in mini-pie/tart pans, and used my own pie crust recipe.

Other than the fact that, in my opinion, quite a few of the photos in the cookbook look a little overcooked (TOO dark brown crusted), there are lots of enticing flavor combinations that intrigue me! While there are plenty of other recipes in the Sister Pie cookbook I'd like to try out (Brown Butter Plum Crumble Pie; Sweet Corn Nectarine Streusel Pie; Caramelized Onion, Delicata Squash & Sage Hand Pies...) I won't be posting any other of their recipes -- buy their book! But I'll include this one as a teaser... 





No comments: