Saturday, April 18, 2020

Potato Puffs

This is a recipe that's been in one of my files for YEARS (from Food Network Magazine, December 2013!) I finally made them. A little time consuming, though not difficult. Very similar to making choux pastry (pâte à choux); maybe somewhat healthier with the potatoes, but less so due to deep frying. Makes me wonder about trying to bake them instead -- like choux pastry. Maybe... It would be healthier (and easier just to pop them in the oven) and easier since the challenge is maintaing the oil temp so these cook all the way through (without soaking up much oil!) and are golden brown on the outside, not too dark. 

Ingredients
1 lb russest potatoes, peeled
¼ C whole milk
4 T butter
½ C flour
1 egg
3 egg yolks
salt
oil for deep frying

Directions - Food Network recipe & directions here
If I retry this recipe (or something close) and bake them...I'll update this post with directions of my own.


No comments: