Sunday, January 5, 2020

Salted Caramel Sauce with Bourbon

I already have a basic caramel sauce -- buttery, lightly salted, fairly thick. I LIKE it. But I was intrigued by a couple others I've seen lately. The bourbon in this one is very apparent. I like bourbon, but...not sure if I like it this much in my caramel sauce because I LIKE my caramel! But depending on what I'm serving it over, that might be a nice twist.

This recipe comes from the Food Network magazine: Cook 1 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, swirling the pan but not stirring, until dark amber, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 C heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Whisk in 2  tablespoons bourbon. Let cool completely; transfer to jars to refrigerate. Makes about 2 cups.


No comments: