Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Strawberry Cornmeal Layer Cake

Eating Well just published this recipe (June 2021) for a cornmeal cake...layered with strawberries and yogurt whipped cream.

I've tried a few different corn-cake recipes in the past; still haven't found one I'm really in love with. This one tasted fine; it includes a bit of orange juice and zest (as have others), and I used an oragne-infused olive oil -- which wouldn't be necessary, but boost the flavor even a little more. Flavor is fine, but it's a very 'hearty' cake. Dense. Heavy. It is a cornMEAL cake, so I suppose that's to be expected.

I'm still looking for a lighter version, still big on corn-y flavor. I'll post one if I find or develop a good recipe! But this does get props for the zing that comes with the orange as well as the yogurt that's folded into the whipped cream layer, which was better than I thought it would be!


No comments: