Friday, July 30, 2021

'Churro Cake' with Spiced Chocolate Sauce


I've made this 'churro cake' before (recipe courtesy of Food Network). Just now I'm playing with some of my recipes--reducing the ingredient amounts and adjusting the baking times so my Baking & Pastry students can get baking experience without making full-sized cakes and pies every day...both for health and budgetary reasons! 😁

The cakes are brushed with melted butter, sprinkled with sugar-cinnamon, and drizzled or served with a spiced chocolate sauce. I like the flavors, but I'm not wild about how the sugar-cinnamon adds a 'gritty' texture into the sauce. Personally, I'd just throw a little extra cinnamon into the cake; there's already plenty of sugar and sweetness. But, it IS very churro-like to have the sugar-cinnamon coating.

Just a note: The mini-bundt pans we have in the student kitchens do NOT have a hole in the center, just an indentation; I have not completely filled a center-hole with chocolate sauce. (Not that that would be bad, of course...!)


No comments: