Thursday, August 19, 2021

Rhubarb Salsa

This is a pretty pickle-y, vinegary salsa...a little more relish-like. But since I love pickles, I like it!! I had it over a sautéed chicken thigh with some extra lime-honey pan sauce, but it would also be good on pork or fish, or used as a relish on sandwhiches or burgers too. Personally, I choose to leave out the cilantro (I'm not a fan!) and use a very small jalapeno.

Ingredients
1 T honey
1 t olive oil
1 lime
1 C rhubarb
½ red bell pepper
2 T red onion
salt & pepper to taste
optional: 1 small jalapeno, 1 T fresh chopped cilantro

Directions
In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, oil and the juice and zest of the lime.

Small dice (¼ inch - or smaller) the rhubarb, bell pepper and onion (and jalapeno, if using; and chop cilantro, if using). Add to honey-lime mixture, stirring to combine. Season with salt & pepper.


No comments: