Friday, February 12, 2010

Chicken and Sautéed Onion & Mushrooms over Pasta

No real recipe for this...just kind of cooking up what I had in the frig/freezer. Mushrooms were on sale at Safeway, and I still have some of the sweeet yellow onions I've been enjoying lately.

1 onion
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 lb chicken
olive oil
butter
flour
1 C milk/sour cream

I started by sautéeing the mushrooms and onions in a little olive oil until the mushrooms were browned and the onions starting to carmelize. I cut up a few frozen chicken tenders and threw those in to brown too. Then I took that stuff out of the skillet. (Actually, I took the picture first, then I took that all out of the skillet to make the sauce.) I wanted a simple white sauce, but fairly thick. I dropped a Tbls of butter in the pan, scraping up all those little browned bits in the pan that have so much flavor. Added a little flour and a mix of milk and the last of some sour cream I had in the frig. Brought that just to a simmer, threw in a little thyme and rosemary and let that simmer until it was all very fragrant. Then I added the chicken-onion-mushroom mixture back in to get everything good and hot again. Served it over noodles. :)

1 comment:

choonhong said...

I am drooling when i look at the picture. Nice dish and good cook.