Thursday, June 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

My family celebrates  6 birthdays in June along with father's day and the occasional graduation, etc.  My contribution to this year's potluck meal was dessert -- in the form of a selection of ice creams, gelatos or sorbets (What's the difference?) with a variety of toppings. To honor the "birthday folks" I'd called and asked if there was a particular flavor they'd like to have. There really wasn't much need to ask, I could have guessed: chocolate and peanut butter topped the list. I've already posted the dark chocolate, here's the peanut butter. Cheesecake, raspberry, mixed berry, lemon, and maple are already posted. I'll get the salted caramel, pineapple and orange-mango up soon. 
 
Ingredients:
1 C  heavy cream
1 C  half and half
½ C  sugar
¾ tsp  vanilla
¼ tsp salt
2 C  peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, as you like)

Directions:
Combine sugar & salt with liquid ingredients; stir until sugar dissolves. Blend in peanut butter until smooth. Freeze according to ice cream maker directions. Makes about 1 quart.

No comments: