Monday, November 13, 2017

Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes


500 Recipes posted!! WooHoo!!
That's a milestone!

Okay, so this one really isn't a new recipe...just an idea I saw and had to try. :) And it uses and combines some of my already-posted recipes...

Every fall (October or November), I hold a "Cupcake Wars!" event for my high school culinary students. They come up with some creative ideas. I -- of course -- can't compete, but they always inspire me. So this year I made a batch of mock Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes just for fun.

I used the olive oil cake recipe, vanilla butter cream icing piped on in a messy pile, chocolate crisped rice cereal (cheap knock-off version of Cocoa Krispies or Cocoa Pebbles) shaped into 'meat'-balls, with raspberry jam/syrup drizzled over the 'meatballs' as marinara, and a dusting of grated white chocolate for the look of parmesan.

Just fun!


No comments: