Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Carrot Cake

Carrot cake is rarely my first choice (why, when you could choose chocolate?!) :) But...I had more carrots in my garden this last fall than I ate, and when I finally harvested the last ones they were very big and a little tough. I diced some for soups, shredded the rest, and found this recipe. I leave out the nuts, of course (allergies).

Carrot Cake
1 C sugar
1/2 C oil
3 eggs
2 C flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 C shredded carrots
(1 C chopped walnuts)

Preheat oven - 350°. Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs just until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Stir in carrots (and nuts). Pour into greased 13x9" pan or two 8-9" pans. Bake 13x9" pan 40-45 minutes, round pans 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.

No comments: