Friday, December 31, 2010

Raspberry Sorbet

I got an ice cream maker for Christmas. :) Here's my first creation...right out of the recipe book that came with it. I hope to get more creative in the future, but I figured I'd start simple.

2 c water
1½ C sugar
pinch salt
4 C raspberries

Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. Add salt and raspberries. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. Pour mixture through a strainer to remove seeds, using a spatula to aid the purée through the strainer. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours (or overnight).

Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and mix about 20 minutes until thickened. Sorbet should be soft and creamy. For a firmer consistency, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. (Mine definitely needed extra time in the freezer! Then...delicious!)

No comments: