Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Chive & Cheese 'Crackers'


This is a recipe from Eating Well. I'm a carb junkie -- bread and crackers are much more of a weakness than candies and sweets. Except maybe chocolate. But even then, I can eat, like...FIVE M&Ms and be happy; but with bread and crackers, one is never enough!

So when this recipe started wtih a 5 ounce Boursin cheese and was self-proclaiming they they are "can't-stop-at-one crackers...like cheesy shortbread cookies" I figured I should definitely give them a try!

They're good. The flavor is really good, but the texture is more cookie-like. But I wouldn't call them a cracker. Even less 'crisp' than a shortbread cookie (lots of cheese and no sugar, a softer texure is not surprising!). So it's like...a savory cookie. Which isn't what I was hoping for.

Still, I'm posting this -- partly to remind myself to maybe play with the idea and see if I can't come up with something more cracker like, crisper, in texture.

But probably not right away...it's supposed to be 90°+ tomorrow and I don't want to be baking multiple batches of anything this afternoon. I'm more likely to whip up a cool drink for a hot summer day.

No comments: