Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Farro & Corn Salad

I don't fix farro very often, and I should...at least more often. Personally, I like its chewy texture, though if it's not cooked well it can be almost 'rubbery' which is NOT usually a good adjective for food!

Food Network inspired this salad. I tweaked things just a little: I have more lettuce growing in my garden than I can keep up with, so I wasn't about to go buy more greens -- specifically, arugula which isn't my favorite anyway. If you don't have fresh corn off the cob ("fresh is best!"), frozen or canned will work; if you don't have a lemon to zest, skip and just add the lemon juice from a bottle, etc.

Anyway, I tweaked it a little, but not worth rewriting a new version of the recipe. It's not like the exact ratio of farro to corn, tomato to arugula is super critical. Or leave out the scallions and throw in some red onion instead for extra color. Maybe toss in a few sweet peas for some variety. Food Network's recipe is a good jumping off point to create your personal favorite version.

No comments: