Monday, August 3, 2020

Zucchini Slaw

I've never been a coleslaw fan, though I'll eat a bit if it's a vinaigrette style dressing rather than creamy dressing. I'm not a huge zucchini fan either, unless it's in chocolate cake; but I do have some zucchini recipes I like. I made one recently, and had one small zucchini leftover...about 6 inches long and an inch & a half in diameter; about a cup grated.

And I've always, only had zucchini cooked. But I knew somewhere I had zucchini slaw recipe. It's an older one from Cooking Light (May 2017). The honey-dijon chicken looks delicious too, but I was just in it for the slaw this time around. I reduced the oil a bit and threw in a pinch of onion powder so it's not just straight oil+vinegar. And no raw tomato for me, thank you! Though it would have added a nice pop of color!

Ingredients
1 small zucchini, grated
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 T red wine vinegar
pinch onion powder
s & p to taste

Directions
Toss everything together in a bowl. The longer it sits, the more the zucchini soaks up the flavor (and will eventually loose some of it's texture too), but it's fine to serve right away.

No comments: