Saturday, March 27, 2010

Italian Roast Vegetables

This is easy, tastes delicious.

4-6 C cut mixed vegetables
2/3 C +/- Italian salad dressing
1 C shredded parmesan

Cut up--in fairly large chunks--whatever vegetables you like: potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers (red, green, yellow), broccoli, cauliflower...you could even throw in string beans, snow peas or corn (baby corn would be great...loose kernels could work too though).





Pour salad dressing over veggies in a large bowl; toss to coat evenly. Pour all the veggies into a casserole dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 375° until veggies are tender-crisp, roasting lightly on top (almost an hour - depends on the size of your veggie chunks). Stir once or twice during cooking to re-coat vegetables with dressing. When veggies are almost finished, top with shredded parmesan for the last 10-15 minutes.

I use baby potatoes (or fingerlings). I sometimes mix a little extra cheese--grated fresh or from a shaker jar (like you'd put on spaghetti)--in with the dressing and vegetables before cooking instead of or in addition to the cheese topping at the end.

For a variation, try ranch dressing; try a different kind of cheese.

4 comments:

neener said...

Ok Tami, I'm gonna try this one tomorrow night. looks yummy! I love your blog for 2 big reasons: it's so practical and there are pictures!

neener said...

I thought I had posted here before but I think I previewed and didn't post. Thanks for doing this! I love that most of the recipes are easy and come with a pic! I made the spinich dip last night - sooooo good! And am serving the veggies tonight.

Tami said...

You may have actually posted; I have to 'publish' the comment before it appears on the blog. Hope you like the veggies - it LOOKS so pretty (especially before cooking) with all the colors! Enjoy!!

neener said...

"spinach"